Wednesday, February 23, 2011

college for all

              College for all
I come from a Mexican family that is very honest.  My community I live in is mean because there is a lot of violence most of the days.  Some opportunities have been available to me is to get a better education every day.  One major issue in my community is the gang fights because they are always fighting for their territory.  I had almost give up my dreams to go to college in the future because sometimes I feel unsafe living in Oakland.  The best solution for me was to not be a gang member.  Jean Quan, the Oakland mayor said, I will make Oakland a safe city.                               


I believe that college will help me because I can move to a safer place.  I want to go to college for All to see how college is like.  In the future I want to go to college because I want to be the first one from my family to graduate

No comments:

Post a Comment